Whether it’s a bumper sticker or a window decal, car decals can be a fun way to flaunt your opinions or customize your main vehicle – until, of course, you try to get them off. Getting a sticker off your car is a notoriously difficult process, especially if that sticker has been slowly fused to the paint after years of exposure to the sun, wind, and rain. At Kirmac Collision and Autoglass, our mission is to get your car looking & running as good as new after an accident or other problem, but in addition to auto body repair services, we strive to be a comprehensive resource for car care. If you’re facing the arduous task of removing a sticker from your car, here are a few tips that can help.
How to Get Decals Off of Your Car
Is it time to remove the family stickers from 8 years ago? Reclaim your rear glass. Use one of these simple methods to remove bumper stickers from your car without damaging the paint or glass:
- White Vinegar: Use a spray bottle to soak the sticker in white vinegar, let it sit for a few minutes, then use a spatula covered in duct tape to carefully push it off.
- Heat & Water: If the sticker is not too old, applying an old rag soaked in boiling water may be enough to reactivate the adhesive and let you gently peel the sticker off.
Still have decals to unstick? Try these methods to cleanly remove window stickers and decals:
- Goo Gone: This non-toxic cleaner is specifically designed to break down adhesives, making it perfect for car window stickers and bumper stickers alike.
- Baking Soda: Mix baking soda into a half a cup of cooking oil, then use a paper towel to dab it into the sticker. Leave it for a few minutes, then use your fingers to peel off the sticker.
- Windex: Spray the sticker with Windex or another window cleaner and leave it for a few minutes. Try pushing teh sticker to see if it will slide, and if it does, carefully use a razor to scrape it off your window.
Schedule a Auto Body Repair Appointment
These easy DIY car sticker removal methods can help you get window decals and bumper stickers off your car without causing damage. If you’re really having trouble or you require more significant repairs to your vehicle, we can help. Visit one or our locations found between Surrey, Coquitlam, Burnaby, Maple Ridge, Langley, Richmond, New Westminster, North Vancouver and Vancouver.