Reporting to the Controller and working closely with other members of the Accounting and Finance team, the Junior Accountant will provide support to the Finance and Accounting team and have the following responsibilities.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform monthly account reconciliations, ensuring accuracy and completeness of account balances and subledger reports.
- Participate in the preparation of financial statements, variance analysis and month end reviews.
- Assist in the preparation of cash-flow statements, cash analysis and bank reconciliations.
- Post journal entries and prepare backup for entries
- Process Accounts Payable and reconcile key vendor accounts
- Process expense reports for all staff.
- Correspond with location management on accounting issues as they arise.
- Assist with other accounting and administrative duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum 2-3 years accounting experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills and intermediate excel skills
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and concepts
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong eye for detail and strong organizational skills.
- Assertive yet diplomatic interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently to plan tasks and manage time effectively.
- Responsible, dependable, pro-active and solution oriented.
- Views employees in the organization as internal customers and demonstrates concern for working together to achieve shared goals.
- Maintains a professional attitude.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and is responsive to customers’ needs and requests.
Kirmac is a family owned and operated leader in the collision repair industry. Founded in 1973, Kirmac Collision & Autoglass’ team members provide excellent customer service and quality repairs and turn the unfortunate situation of having an accident into a positive, lasting impression for our customers while supporting B.C Children’s hospital through Kirmac Cares for Kids. Kirmac currently operates 18 locations across the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley.
For more information, please visit: kirmac.com/careers
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Accounting: 2 years (required)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org